Hi again! Thanks for your proposal, it brings up some interesting ideas. Have you looked at lisp-utils.scm? I think it incorporates some of your ideas already. It could perhaps be generalized following your ideas so that it works for all Lisps out of the box. Question: Are .fasl files compatible across Common Lisp implementations? If not, then what's your suggestion? I have a few more questions: > The idea is simpler packaging, through a system called PACKAGER, which would provide a very > high-level and exhaustive declaration of an entire Common Lisp package or collection of packages By "system", do you mean a _build system_ or something else? > This location could default to "~/.common-lisp/" and be controlled through an environmental > variable, with a name such as GUIX_COMMON_LISP_HOME. We want to install libraries in the store. Why do you suggest we put it in the user's home? > As the files actually loaded by this system > proposed would be generated as needed and for the system, that eliminates this. Sorry, I don't understand how your proposal would eliminate the POSIX-assumption issue. Can you provide an example? Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/