Christopher Baines writes: > Not quite. As Ludo mentioned, you can trivially extract out the file > list from nar files already (like guix archive -t). So this new service > I'm thinking about which stores the nar files, would be able to read the > list of files from the nar. To clarify, you mean the hypothetical new service for file indexing? Or did you mean for the Guix Data Service? >> Please correct me if I got it all wrong! :D > > All great questions, hopefully I've managed to clear things up! You did, thanks! Another practical question: what would be the preferred format for the database? SQLite? Custom binary? Plain text? Any pointer to how Nix does it? Where would we store this database? In /var? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/