Ludovic Courtès writes: > My laptop has 4 cores, so at best I’d get a 4x speedup, compared to the > 10x speedup with zstd that also comes with much lower resource usage, > etc. Of course, it's a trade off between high compression and high speed :) Since there is no universal best option, I think it's best to support both. > Would you like to give parallel lzip a try? It shouldn't be too hard for me considering I already have experience with Lzip, but I can only reasonably do this after FOSDEM, so in 1.5 month from now. If I forget, please ping me ;) If there is any taker before that, please go ahead! :) -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/