Someone pointed to me various patches[0][1] and kernel module selections[2] related to the Pinebook Pro that lead to me feeling confident to merge some kernel and u-boot changes for the Pinebook Pro into guix/master... Which now means that you should be able to run Guix System on a Pinebook Pro without too much trouble, even using the bootloader form the keyboard and screen rather than serial console. Things I've tested that work: eDP panel (a.k.a. the monitor) keyboard trackpad microSD basic battery and charger monitoring USB ports (ethernet, keyboard) Sufficient graphics acceleration to run "sway" Pinebook Pro USB-C dock (ethernet, USB 3.0 ports, USB-C ports, microSD reader) cpu frequency scalining Untested: NVMe adapter (no pcie bus detected, needs further investigation) eMMC WiFi (non-free drivers) suspend in any form Outstanding bugs and/or quirks: often hangs on reboot and keeps draining power sometimes hangs on shutdown and keeps draining power charging from usb-c only works sometimes usb-c dock ethernet/usb-3 only works with the usb-c plug in the "correct" orientation Further exploration: I've only tested with the "linux-libre-arm64-generic" kernels, but in theory if the right modules are enabled and you add them to your initrd, the regular "linux-libre" package should work as well. There's one patch in wip-pinebook-pro still that included a system configuration for the pinebook pro; it may need some slight updating to be brought current. Other than that, it is probably time to completely deprecate and/or remove the wip-pinebook-pro branch! I also haven't ever played with the disk-image that's merged in guix master, but in theory these improvments should make it work better! In closing, it's a somewhat usable, quirky laptop running aarch64! Big thanks to janneke for the initial work on the wip-pinebook-pro branch, Lionel Fourquaux for bringing the minimal changes needed to my attention, and everyone else who's helped along the way. live well, vagrant [0] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20210406151059.1187379-1-icenowy@aosc.io/ [1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-rockchip/patch/20200924063042.41545-1-jhp@endlessos.org/ [2] https://bugs.debian.org/987638