Ricardo Wurmus writes: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > >> BTW, did I mention we have budget? :-) Is there affordable POWER9 >> hardware we could purchase? > > Aside from that: do we have rack space for a POWER9 machine? > > For a limited time I could probably host it at the MDC data centre, > but moving rack hardware to some other location is messy, so I think > it should go straight to its final destination. It would be good to discuss what the options are here. The hardware can probably not be described as inexpensive, but it's also quite capable so not much is needed. Would trying to acquire a 2U rack mount server, and host it in a proper data centre be feasible? Because of both electricity usage and heat generation, it's going to be more difficult to host residentially I think.