On 2022-04-17, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > Am Sonntag, dem 17.04.2022 um 12:27 -0700 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian: >> On 2022-04-17, Danny Milosavljevic wrote: >> > On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:21:50 -0700 >> > Vagrant Cascadian wrote: >> > >> > > But libxmlb ships the xb-tool binary in libexec, which diffoscope >> > > cannot find on guix. >> ... >> > I've looked upstream https://github.com/hughsie/libxmlb and it >> > says, very close to the beginning (so it's a main feature >> > apparently): >> > >> > > $ xb-tool compile fedora.xmlb fedora.xml.gz >> > >> > Well, for that to work, xb-tool should be in bin. >> > >> > I'd file a bug report with libxmlb to move xb-tool to bin. >> >> Good suggestion, we'll see where it goes! >> >>   Please install xb-tool into bin instead of libexec >>   https://github.com/hughsie/libxmlb/issues/123 I got a positive response almost immediately, so that sounds promising at least! >> In the meantime, would it be reasonable to workaround this in guix by >> patching libxmlb to include xb-tool in bin, either by moving it >> there, or symlinking it from there? > You do realize search-input-file works with libexec/ as well, right? > Just expand the command to its store path like we do for most commands > out there. I thought about that, but it needs to be discovered at runtime... It is arguably unreasonable to install *all* of diffoscope's supported features out-of-the-box. So hard-coding a specific guix generation's paths seems inappropriate. I recognize that is a bit at odds with guix's functional paradigm, as diffoscope will behave differently depending on what else is installed in the active user or system profile... but diffoscope has support for *many* file formats and only detects for available helper tools at runtime. live well, vagrant