Hi Fernando, Fernando Oleo Blanco writes: > I have talked with some people over at IRC and they recommended the use > of the smaller GCC-Ada/GNAT binaries from Debian (even from older > releases) and try to build an up-to-date Ada compiler toolchain with it. > > However, that would be a lot of work to get going and it may require a > lot of trial and error for it to fully work. [...] I did this five years ago! Attached is a package that constructs a working Ada compiler from Debian 8 (Jessie) binaries. There are also some packages that loosely follow the Guix commencement of GCC (as of five years ago), but include GNAT. Cf. https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2018-09-04.log#165534 I just tested building ‘gnat-debian’ and ‘gnat-boot0’. They still work! The former is GCC 4 and the latter is (now) GCC 11. I also built a basic Ada program with ‘gnat-boot0’. The rest of it may or may not work. The ‘gnat-5’ package is no longer appropriate, obviously. :) I hope that helps. FWIW, I still think Debian is the best option here for a bootstrapping binary. Ada-Ed and old GNAT are the most likely option for proper bootstrapping. I found a yacc and lex grammar for Ada 95, too, but I can’t remember if it is freely licensed. It could be used to bridge the gap between Ada-Ed and old GNAT (maybe). -- Tim