unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Cleaning up branches on savannah
@ 2024-06-07  9:36 Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2024-06-07  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey,

There are quite a few branches on savannah, and it would be nice to
remove them if they're unnecessary, at least because that will prompt
the QA data service to delete the data, saving on disk space.

I'm ignoring all the version-* and wip-* branches, which leaves the
following sets of branches.

These relate to core-updates, so can be deleted once core-updates is
merged:

 - core-updates
 - core-updates-glibc-2.39
 - old-core-updates

These branches are waiting to be merged as well:

 - tex-team
 - lisp-team
 - python-team

Most of the changes on guile-dameon are in #70494, maybe I'll rename the
branch to wip-guile-daemon though:

 - guile-daemon

The following branches all seem to have commits that haven't made it to
master yet, although I haven't checked if the changes were applied but
just with different commit ids.

 - gnuzilla-updates
 - go-team
 - haskell-team
 - hurd-team
 - install-doc-overhaul
 - kernel-updates
 - node-18-updates
 - node-reproducibility
 - old-guix-wip-file-offset-bits-64-sledgehammer
 - r-team
 - r-updates
 - rust-team

If anyone knows if any of these branches can be deleted, please go
ahead. If they do want merging, please open a "Request for merging"
issue. For the ones that still have changes, but we're not looking to
merge right now, I think the easist thing to do is rename them adding
the wip- prefix.

Beyond saving QA data service disk space, this should put us in a good
situation where all the non wip- branches are things that there are open
guix-patches "Request for merging" issues [1].

1: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Managing-Patches-and-Branches.html

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris