Hello Guix, This preliminary patch set adds wicd and wicd-service. The first patch adds dbus support to wpa-supplicant, while preserving the lightweight wpa-supplicant without dbus under a different name: wpa-supplicant-light. The second patch adds the wicd package, although there are still some issues with it (see below). The third patch adds wicd-service. It mostly works, and I'm using it right now, but there are still some remaining issues: * Unless run as root, the user interfaces to configure wicd via dbus always fail. The wicd dbus configuration file is supposed to allow anyone in the 'netdev' group to access and configure the daemon, but this doesn't work. I could use some help debugging this. * The curses client always fails with the error "AttributeError: 'Screen' object has no attribute 'get_input_nonblocking'", which I guess indicates some problem or incompatibility with our python2-urwid package. I was pleased to discover that our xfce already includes a panel applet to configure wicd, but it fails due to the same permissions problem that affects all the other wicd clients. Anyway, if you want to try this out, here's what you need to change in your OS configuration: * (use-modules (gnu packages wicd) (gnu services networking)) * Add wicd to the list passed to 'dbus-service'. * Add (wicd-service) to 'services'. * Add wicd to 'packages' (optional but recommended). Special thanks to Pierre-Antoine Rault for packaging python-dbus and for the initial attempt at the 'wicd' package. Comments, suggestions, and (most importantly) debugging welcome! Mark