ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Heya, > > Mark Meyer skribis: > >> So I'd like to extend Shepherd with a first-boot service that runs `guix >> system reconfigure'. And as a second step I want to include a Guile >> package that queries the metadata server. You should be able to do >> something like >> >> (user "guix-sd" >> (public-keys (metadata-get-keys))) > > For this part, you can look at how we register SSH public keys (for lshd > though, not sshd) in this module: > > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/modules/sysadmin/people.scm > > I’d like to take this functionality in GuixSD proper and also add it for > sshd. I'm not Mark, but I have a question. When you say "this functionality", which of the following do you mean? * A first-boot service that runs 'guix system reconfigure'. * A Guile module to facilitate querying the EC2 metadata server - this would provide the metadata-get-keys procedure as shown above. * The ability to register a user's SSH public keys by declaring them in the operating system configuration file, as shown above. -- Chris