Maxim Cournoyer writes: >> - Perform transactions (install/remove) over multiple packages. > > To be fair, I think you can already accomplish this using emacs-guix by > separating with commas multiple package names :). Can you explain? I don't know how to do that. The point of the Helm interface is that it allows to "batch select" multiple packages. I don't think that emacs-guix can do that. For instance, if I want to install all Emacs packages except, say, emacs-guix (haha! :p) then I would - M-x helm-system-packages - "emacs" - M-a - "emacs-guix" - C-space - In other words, it scales well with big loads of packages. >> - Perform actions over multiple packages: browse home-page, show >> (reverse) deps, find-files (with helm-find-files -- awesome! :p). > > This sounds interesting -- I guess I should read more about helm. Yup, it's hard to explain with words and not verbal explanation can compete with a demo. If you've never used Helm/Ivy before, wait no further, it's a must (in my humble opinion, of course!). > Thank you for taking the time to explain! My pleasure, let me know if you want to know more. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt