swedebugia writes: > On 2018-06-14 17:01, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: >> Oleg Pykhalov writes: >> >>>> Would any of you like to document this in the manual? >>> I would because I posted articles like the current one sometime ago. >> Excellent! >> >>> Maybe a separate ‘users-stories.texi’ should be as was discussed >>> somewhere on a mailing list (as I remember)? >> I think that this particular section on tools that Guix provides to >> recover a broken system (and the peculiarities of chrooting into a >> GuixSD system) can go right into the manual. This does not preclude the >> option to have a more detailed step by step guide in a >> “user-stories.texi”. > +1 > > Does GuixSD by the way support dropping to a root shell by passing > "single" as a kernel parameter? I once used a distro that had a > feature like that. > > Ubuntu supports dropping to a root shell (and memtesting RAM?) among > more options if "recovery" is choosen in the grub menu. I like that > feature. If something like that had been possible on this old > GuixSD-installation I would not have had to resort to chrooting. If you pass the "--repl" option on the Linux kernel command line (e.g., from the GRUB menu), I believe you can do this. See "(guix) Initial RAM Disk" in the manual for details. -- Chris