Timothy Sample writes: > Hi Robert and Marius, > > Marius Bakke writes: > >> Robert Vollmert writes: >> >>> Oh, I meant to ask: >>> >>> On 6. Aug 2019, at 06:29, Timothy Sample wrote: >>> >>>> I think it makes sense to wait for the core-updates merge (which >>>> shouldn’t be too far out). >>> >>> Why? Shouldn’t substitutes be available since CI built the branch successfully? >> >> core-updates is still waiting for a full-rebuild change, and the CI is >> currently unusable, so merging might take a month or more still. >> >> Getting this in 'master' meanwhile would be great, especially for i686 >> users :-) > > I stand corrected! :) I cherry-picked these commits from core-updates. > > Thanks for chiming in, Marius. Thanks for merging, and huge thanks to Rob for untangling the Haskell packages. I have one comment about the series: we've disabled tests on some packages that have been broken "forever" on i686. It would be better to do so selectively on just the affected architectures. I.e.: #:tests? (if (string-prefix? "i686" (%current-system)) #f #t) Preferably with a comment about why they need to be disabled. That way, we will still notice when something breaks on other architectures. Can you try it Rob? Thanks, Marius