unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* core-updates all over again :)
@ 2020-05-13 18:27 Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2020-05-13 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey,

So, given that core-updates was recently merged, I guess it's time to
start the branch again?

I've got two patches in mind, [1] for parallel xz compression during the
unpack phase if the build is happening in parallel, and [2] to enable
p11-kit in gnutls.

1: https://issues.guix.info/issue/33643
2: https://issues.guix.info/issue/40654

There's also updating Ruby to 2.7 which can at least be considered for
core-updates, I've seen some 2.7 incompatibilities in various Ruby
libraries, but it's worth looking at.

The above patches could do with a bit more review, but is there any
formalities in terms of getting core-updates going again?

Thanks,

Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: core-updates all over again :)