unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Cuirass image download
@ 2020-06-13 12:39 Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2020-06-13 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

With the last Cuirass revision, it is now possible to download directly
from the Web interface some build outputs.

For now, only ISO9660 images can be downloaded, but this could be
extended to other build products in the future.

You can visit:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=spec%3Aguix-master+iso9660-image to
find the last (successful) ISO9660 build, which is:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2860555/details.

As this is not very discoverable for newcomers,
I think it could be nice to extend our website to have some links to the
last ISO9660 image, Hurd image ...

WDYT?

Thanks,

Mathieu

* Re: Cuirass image download
@ 2020-06-13 14:14 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2020-06-13 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe, guix-devel

Hi!

> With the last Cuirass revision, it is now possible to download directly
> from the Web interface some build outputs.

This is fantastic!

> As this is not very discoverable for newcomers,
> I think it could be nice to extend our website to have some links to the
> last ISO9660 image, Hurd image ...
>
> WDYT?

Absolutely, that'd be great!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Cuirass image download
@ 2020-06-13 21:00 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2020-06-13 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> skribis:

> With the last Cuirass revision, it is now possible to download directly
> from the Web interface some build outputs.
>
> For now, only ISO9660 images can be downloaded, but this could be
> extended to other build products in the future.
>
> You can visit:
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=spec%3Aguix-master+iso9660-image to
> find the last (successful) ISO9660 build, which is:
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2860555/details.

Very nice!  It would be good to have “(ISO-9660)” or similar next to the
file name.

> As this is not very discoverable for newcomers,
> I think it could be nice to extend our website to have some links to the
> last ISO9660 image, Hurd image ...

Yes, we could add support for /latest links.

Thanks again for this cool feature!

Ludo’.

* Re: Cuirass image download
@ 2020-06-14 11:03   ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2020-06-14 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hey!

> Very nice!  It would be good to have “(ISO-9660)” or similar next to the
> file name.

Thank you :) Fixed with c2aed4a5c1cbed44a9cdf9aab660c4a196a7837d.

> Yes, we could add support for /latest links.

Ok, I'll see what I can do about that.

Thanks,

Mathieu