Hi! Ludovic Courtès writes: > While discussing it on IRC, the idea of turning the IPFS work into an > Outreachy came up, and I think it’s a good idea! > > Technically, the work would consist in completing the prototype at > , which entails roughly the > following: > > • Updating (guix ipfs) to the latest IPFS HTTP API (I think IPFS no > longer has a separate “gateway”). > > • Inserting directories as “UnixFS” instead of the custom data > structure. > > • Finishing the ‘guix substitute’ implementation, allowing users to > choose whether or not to use IPFS, and allowing for smooth > integration on the main branch. > > • Testing publication/substitution in the real world, with fellow > hackers. > > • (Optional.) Try and use IPFS for long-term source tarball > archival. > > Perhaps Pierre (Cc’d) has more ideas on this. Looking good! > Who’d be willing to mentor it? Sorry, I won't have time to commit for this, but I'd be happy to contribute to the discussion (and testing!). Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/