Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi, > > Pierre Neidhardt skribis: > >> In particular, the "Version From To" table is hard to grasp to a >> newcomer. > > I’m not a newcomer but I find it limpid: I think it immediately shows > that this is about version changes and when they happened. Maybe it > could be decluttered a bit by using shorter date strings (like > “Oct. 1st” instead of “2020-10-01 18:42:00”). > > BTW, when looking at /output-history, the commits in “From” and “To” can > be a bit confusing. Take: > > https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/openmpi/output-history > > I see “To” pointing to > , > a commit that changes ‘mpd’, which ‘openmpi’ doesn’t depend on; this is > completely bogus. However, the next “From” points to the right commit: > . > > It’s surprising that “To” and the immediately following “From” are not > the same. > > WDYT, Chris? So, I think the commits, plus the date at which that commit hit master (which is the date shown) is the main source of the confusion here. I think the data in the table makes sense when viewed as revisions/commits, the "To" is the last revision with that version/derivation/output. The date by the "To" bit doesn't map neatly, as it's when the revision was first on master, not the last moment when it was on master. Maybe it would be clearer with that date removed. Anyway, I've made a few changes to the display in these tables now.