Hi Maxim, Maxim Cournoyer writes: > Hello Chris, > > Chris Marusich writes: > >> Maxim Cournoyer writes: >> >>> About the current status, I'm nearing on pushing a version-1.4.0 branch >>> which is based on master with a few more (core-ish) updates. There's >>> still a few days ahead of that, so if you manage to get many of this >>> kind of problems fixed & merged in master they can easily be included in >>> the next release. >> >> There is a problem that currently prevents "guix pull" from succeeding >> for powerpc64le-linux on master. I'd like to resolve it before the >> release if possible. The problem is here, including a patch to fix it: >> >> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52940 >> >> [...] > > Since the version-1.4.0 branch I've been polishing locally still hasn't > been published nor built, there's still time to apply the patch without > any consideration for world rebuilds to that branch (at this point we > want the changes to be low risk ones though, but that sounds like one). With Ludo's feedback, I was able to fix 52940 without rebuilding the world in commit 195bb1fb9d55d8e5187d669c63a3cde747fc5f64 on master. Can you try merging master into your version-1.4.0 branch? At this point in time, I'm unaware of any issues that would be show-stoppers for for powerpc64le-linux. As a reminder, issues important to powerpc64le-linux can be seen by searching for issues tagged with the "guix" user's powerpc64le-linux Debbugs usertag: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=powerpc64le-linux;users=guix I'll keep my eye out for other potential powerpc64le-linux issues and see what I can do to help in the days/weeks to come. Now that the "guix" package is building successfully again on master, I can finally build up-to-date versions of cuirass and guix-build-coordinator. Although it isn't directly related to the release, I think I will resume my efforts to add a new powerpc64le-linux node to the build farm. -- Chris PGP: https://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=106836