Hi again Sunhail, Josselin Poiret writes: > Hi Sunhail, > >> Josselin Poiret writes: >> >>> One thing I would like to get rid of though is debbugs. It causes a >>> lot of pain for everyone, eg. when sending patchsets, it completely >>> breaks modern email because it insists on rewriting DMARC-protected >>> headers, thus needing to also rewrite "From:" to avoid DMARC errors. >> >> Thank you for sharing (what seems to be) a technical limitation of >> Debbugs. Could you please explain what the consequences of the above >> are? Specifically, how does the rewriting of above headers affect the >> contributors' workflow? > > Every reply to one of your mails ends up creating a new thread in my > mail client, because the In-Reply-To chain ends up being broken. Ah, whoops, I thought you were asking about the Message-ID problem I also reported to you, not my above paragraph, sorry. One big consequence: mails containing patches can often have bogus From: headers, which are used by git for the commit author. Thus, we end up with commits in the repo authored by eg. "Josselin Poiret via Guix-patches via ". We added a default gitconfig entry that also puts the From: in the body of the message so that it is not corrupted to circumvent this. The fact that you have to wait for Debbugs's response after the first mail to get the proper mail to reply to means that we can't automate sending whole patchsets, and have to resort to hacks like the CLI `mumi` tool uses. I can't just send a patchset and be done with it, I have to wait a couple minutes. Best, -- Josselin Poiret