unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Patchwork
@ 2016-05-02 12:39 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-05-02 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

Thanks to Siddhesh Poyarekar of glibc & co., Guix patches can now be
tracked on this Patchwork instance:

  http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/list/

Actions can be taken on the Web interface, provided you have an account
there (I think anyone can create an account on this Patchwork instance.)

There’s also a CLI that can perform the read-only actions:

  http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/

(Roughly, it differs from the “patches” in that it’s “Web-first” whereas
patches is CLI-only.)

Patchwork is subscribed to this mailing list so patches posted on this
list should appear there as soon as they have been delivered.

I’m not familiar yet with the tool, but I encourage you to give it a
try and provide feedback.

Happy hacking!

Ludo’.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-02 15:17 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2016-05-02 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> Thanks to Siddhesh Poyarekar of glibc & co., Guix patches can now be
> tracked on this Patchwork instance:
>
>   http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/list/

Thanks!

> Actions can be taken on the Web interface, provided you have an account
> there (I think anyone can create an account on this Patchwork instance.)
>
> There’s also a CLI that can perform the read-only actions:
>
>   http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/
>
> (Roughly, it differs from the “patches” in that it’s “Web-first” whereas
> patches is CLI-only.)
>
> Patchwork is subscribed to this mailing list so patches posted on this
> list should appear there as soon as they have been delivered.
>
> I’m not familiar yet with the tool, but I encourage you to give it a
> try and provide feedback.

I’ve submitted a patch to the mailing list (this time inline with “git
send-mail”) and it appeared in the list.  Is there any way for us to
mark patches as committed via email (e.g. by commenting with something
like “Pushed as cabba9e.”) or does patchwork figure this out
automatically?  Or can only people with an account change the status,
and only on the web interface?

~~ Ricardo

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-02 15:50   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-05-02 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel

Ricardo Wurmus <ricardo.wurmus@mdc-berlin.de> skribis:

> I’ve submitted a patch to the mailing list (this time inline with “git
> send-mail”) and it appeared in the list.  Is there any way for us to
> mark patches as committed via email (e.g. by commenting with something
> like “Pushed as cabba9e.”) or does patchwork figure this out
> automatically?  Or can only people with an account change the status,
> and only on the web interface?

That’s a good question!  I *think* Patchwork can find out by itself by
looking at the repository, but I don’t know exactly.  We’ll see.  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-05 23:57 ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-05-05 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> Thanks to Siddhesh Poyarekar of glibc & co., Guix patches can now be
> tracked on this Patchwork instance:
>
>   http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/list/

Awesome, thanks!

> Actions can be taken on the Web interface, provided you have an account
> there (I think anyone can create an account on this Patchwork instance.)

I feel a bit uncomfortable registering at webservices which don't
offer tls or .onion, can they extend their existing cert to
patchwork.sourceware.org?

--
♥Ⓐ ng0

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-09 20:38   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-05-09 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ng0; +Cc: guix-devel

ng0 <ng0@libertad.pw> skribis:

> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Hello Guix!
>>
>> Thanks to Siddhesh Poyarekar of glibc & co., Guix patches can now be
>> tracked on this Patchwork instance:
>>
>>   http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/list/
>
> Awesome, thanks!
>
>> Actions can be taken on the Web interface, provided you have an account
>> there (I think anyone can create an account on this Patchwork instance.)
>
> I feel a bit uncomfortable registering at webservices which don't
> offer tls or .onion, can they extend their existing cert to
> patchwork.sourceware.org?

I asked and they said they would provide TLS access soonish.  No onion
service, though.

Ludo’.

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-09 22:35     ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2016-05-09 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On 2016-05-09(10:38:38+0200), Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> ng0 <ng0@libertad.pw> skribis:
>
> > ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
> >
> >> Hello Guix!
> >>
> >> Thanks to Siddhesh Poyarekar of glibc & co., Guix patches can now be
> >> tracked on this Patchwork instance:
> >>
> >>   http://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/guix/list/
> >
> > Awesome, thanks!
> >
> >> Actions can be taken on the Web interface, provided you have an account
> >> there (I think anyone can create an account on this Patchwork instance.)
> >
> > I feel a bit uncomfortable registering at webservices which don't
> > offer tls or .onion, can they extend their existing cert to
> > patchwork.sourceware.org?
>
> I asked and they said they would provide TLS access soonish.  No onion
> service, though.
>
> Ludo’.

Thanks for asking.
One of those is enough, TLS or tor.

--
♥Ⓐ ng0

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-10  6:02     ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2016-05-10  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 05:50:21PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Ricardo Wurmus <ricardo.wurmus@mdc-berlin.de> skribis:
>
> > I’ve submitted a patch to the mailing list (this time inline with “git
> > send-mail”) and it appeared in the list.  Is there any way for us to
> > mark patches as committed via email (e.g. by commenting with something
> > like “Pushed as cabba9e.”) or does patchwork figure this out
> > automatically?  Or can only people with an account change the status,
> > and only on the web interface?
>
> That’s a good question!  I *think* Patchwork can find out by itself by
> looking at the repository, but I don’t know exactly.  We’ll see.  :-)
>
> Ludo’.

The connman patches I've already committed are still listed as new on patchwork,
and I didn't see a way to manually mark them as done.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-10 13:33       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-05-10 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efraim Flashner; +Cc: guix-devel

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> skribis:

> On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 05:50:21PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Ricardo Wurmus <ricardo.wurmus@mdc-berlin.de> skribis:
>>
>> > I’ve submitted a patch to the mailing list (this time inline with “git
>> > send-mail”) and it appeared in the list.  Is there any way for us to
>> > mark patches as committed via email (e.g. by commenting with something
>> > like “Pushed as cabba9e.”) or does patchwork figure this out
>> > automatically?  Or can only people with an account change the status,
>> > and only on the web interface?
>>
>> That’s a good question!  I *think* Patchwork can find out by itself by
>> looking at the repository, but I don’t know exactly.  We’ll see.  :-)
>>
>> Ludo’.
>>

> The connman patches I've already committed are still listed as new on patchwork,
> and I didn't see a way to manually mark them as done.

Apparently Patchwork can sometimes (I’m not sure exactly when)
automatically determine whether a patch has been applied; in other
cases, one must manually mark the patch as applied in the Web interface.
:-/

Ludo’.

* Re: Patchwork
@ 2016-05-10 13:56         ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2016-05-10 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> skribis:
>
>> On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 05:50:21PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>> Ricardo Wurmus <ricardo.wurmus@mdc-berlin.de> skribis:

>>> That’s a good question!  I *think* Patchwork can find out by itself by
>>> looking at the repository, but I don’t know exactly.  We’ll see.  :-)
>>>
>>> Ludo’.
>>>

>> The connman patches I've already committed are still listed as new on patchwork,
>> and I didn't see a way to manually mark them as done.
>
> Apparently Patchwork can sometimes (I’m not sure exactly when)
> automatically determine whether a patch has been applied; in other
> cases, one must manually mark the patch as applied in the Web interface.
> :-/

We also have cases where patches were retracted (such as the ones for
“r-mass” and “r-survival”).  It would be convenient if the submitter
could do this by sending email instead of having to use the web
interface.

Since this patchwork instance is not hosted by ourselves I suppose we
cannot just patch it to make it work like that.

~~ Ricardo