Hello Guix, The attached patch eliminates the use of 'inkscape' and 'imagemagick' to convert our grub background image from SVG to PNG. The job is now done using 'librsvg' [1] via Guile's dynamic FFI. I was unable to perform the needed scaling using the 'rsvg-convert' program, so I had to use librsvg directly. As a side benefit, the resulting image quality should be superior when scaling is performed, because scaling is now effectively done in the vector representation during rendering, whereas previously it was done in the raster representation as a separate step. What do you think? Mark [1] Note that in the past, 'librsvg' was unable to properly convert our SVG file, but that problem seems to be fixed.