unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* stumpwm and common lisp modules
@ 2016-09-23  3:40 James Richardson
From: James Richardson @ 2016-09-23  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

Hello list,

I was attempting to make a package for stumpwm. I got as far as, oh it
has a dependency on cl-ppcre (and a few other cl packages). Well it
turns out that actually putting a lisp module in a guix package seems,
well, non trivial. Does anyone else have an interest getting lisp
packages into Guix?

* Re: stumpwm and common lisp modules
@ 2016-09-23  4:39 ` Andy Patterson
From: Andy Patterson @ 2016-09-23  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Richardson; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 23:40:46 -0400
James Richardson <james@jamestechnotes.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I was attempting to make a package for stumpwm. I got as far as, oh it
> has a dependency on cl-ppcre (and a few other cl packages). Well it
> turns out that actually putting a lisp module in a guix package seems,
> well, non trivial. Does anyone else have an interest getting lisp
> packages into Guix?

Hi James,

I've been working on a build system for CL packages for some time now,
which works well enough to produce a working stumpwm package. It still
has some missing parts and design issues which I've been mulling over,
but if you're interested I could try to clean things up and post my
progress soon.

What do you think?

--
Andy

* Re: stumpwm and common lisp modules
@ 2016-09-24 17:13   ` James Richardson
From: James Richardson @ 2016-09-24 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Patterson; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

Andy Patterson writes:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 23:40:46 -0400
> James Richardson <james@jamestechnotes.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I was attempting to make a package for stumpwm. I got as far as, oh it
>> has a dependency on cl-ppcre (and a few other cl packages). Well it
>> turns out that actually putting a lisp module in a guix package seems,
>> well, non trivial. Does anyone else have an interest getting lisp
>> packages into Guix?
>>

> Hi James,
>
> I've been working on a build system for CL packages for some time now,
> which works well enough to produce a working stumpwm package. It still
> has some missing parts and design issues which I've been mulling over,
> but if you're interested I could try to clean things up and post my
> progress soon.
>
> What do you think?

I would be very interested! I'm not really a lisp expert (yet), but I
will help where I can.

* Re: stumpwm and common lisp modules
@ 2016-09-24 18:45     ` Andy Patterson
From: Andy Patterson @ 2016-09-24 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Richardson; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 13:13:23 -0400
James Richardson <james@jamestechnotes.com> wrote:

> I would be very interested! I'm not really a lisp expert (yet), but I
> will help where I can.

Cheers. I'll try to have something submitted within the next couple of
days.

--
Andy

* Re: stumpwm and common lisp modules
@ 2016-09-26  8:35     ` Christopher Allan Webber
From: Christopher Allan Webber @ 2016-09-26  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Richardson; +Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org

James Richardson writes:

> Andy Patterson writes:
>
>> On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 23:40:46 -0400
>> James Richardson <james@jamestechnotes.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I was attempting to make a package for stumpwm. I got as far as, oh it
>>> has a dependency on cl-ppcre (and a few other cl packages). Well it
>>> turns out that actually putting a lisp module in a guix package seems,
>>> well, non trivial. Does anyone else have an interest getting lisp
>>> packages into Guix?
>>>

>> Hi James,
>>
>> I've been working on a build system for CL packages for some time now,
>> which works well enough to produce a working stumpwm package. It still
>> has some missing parts and design issues which I've been mulling over,
>> but if you're interested I could try to clean things up and post my
>> progress soon.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I would be very interested! I'm not really a lisp expert (yet), but I
> will help where I can.

I'm very much so interested in running stumpwm again... please do
continue! :)