unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* btrfs-progs updated to 4.8.2 twice
@ 2016-10-28  2:17 Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-10-28  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I noticed that btrfs-progs was updated to 4.8.2 on core-updates twice.

Commited to core-updates:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=f02fb6dd6b6dbf91c3497a086bab5d9e791b2468

Commited on master and then merged into core-updates:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=6270769dc216fc6a2f54ca77d3090e3e610ade1c

I've experienced similar shenanigans while testing my own merges. I
wonder if there is anything we can do to avoid this?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: btrfs-progs updated to 4.8.2 twice
@ 2016-10-30 21:47 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-10-30 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> I noticed that btrfs-progs was updated to 4.8.2 on core-updates twice.
>
> Commited to core-updates:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=f02fb6dd6b6dbf91c3497a086bab5d9e791b2468
>
> Commited on master and then merged into core-updates:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=6270769dc216fc6a2f54ca77d3090e3e610ade1c
>
> I've experienced similar shenanigans while testing my own merges. I
> wonder if there is anything we can do to avoid this?

Is it a problem?  I mean did ‘git merge’ trigger a conflict?  I would
expect it to automatically notice that it’s the same change.

Ludo’.

* Re: btrfs-progs updated to 4.8.2 twice
@ 2016-10-31 17:56   ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-10-31 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 10:47:36PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:
>
> > I noticed that btrfs-progs was updated to 4.8.2 on core-updates twice.
> >
> > Commited to core-updates:
> > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=f02fb6dd6b6dbf91c3497a086bab5d9e791b2468
> >
> > Commited on master and then merged into core-updates:
> > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=6270769dc216fc6a2f54ca77d3090e3e610ade1c
> >
> > I've experienced similar shenanigans while testing my own merges. I
> > wonder if there is anything we can do to avoid this?
>
> Is it a problem?  I mean did ‘git merge’ trigger a conflict?  I would
> expect it to automatically notice that it’s the same change.

I didn't do this merge so I'm not sure if Git presented a conflict to
the user.

In this case, it's not really a problem. But it makes me wonder what
we've missed...