Pjotr Prins writes: > Wrote down a way to distribute software using containers and tar ;) > > https://github.com/pjotrp/guix-notes/blob/master/DISTRIBUTE.org Neat trick! Thanks for sharing. I see that this relies on undocumented behavior, which is the fact that each store directory in the environment's closure gets bind-mounted read-only, and practically no other files are visible in the container. I had to peek inside guix/scripts/environment.scm to figure that out. Fun stuff :) Should the bind-mount behavior when creating containers for an environment also be documented in the manual, or was there a reason why we didn't mention it there? -- Chris