Fis Trivial writes: >> What do you mean by disable? You could invoke it at any time with a >> clean Bash session. Also I would recommend to search for a Fedora's >> Bash feature for installing programms if a command is missing and >> disable/remove it. >> Fedora's folks probably could help this it. Also I see people with Fedora use Guix, because there are several repositories [1] with RPM packages to install Guix in Fedora. So I really recommend to chat or mail with Fedora community. > Thanks for the suggestion. > > It means stop sourcing guix-profile/etc/profile at .bash_profile, and > use packages from Fedora's repo rather than guix. Well, you could come back at any time. Always welcome! > I tried nix a little before I met guix, I did noticed they don't > export this much environment variables in its profile file, they just > wrap/patch those needed programms. I tried to compare nix with guix by > installing a similar set of packages from both platform. On the nix > side, the only non-prefixed environment variable exported is PATH, > while guix exported lots of other envs. (Not exactly the same the same > set of packages, but the comparison does not loss it's meaning). > Those exported envs are real problem on a foreign distribution. Sorry, I don't see a problem because of environment variables in the current case. What I see is an issue with a foreign distro itself. Particularly a program called PackageKit-command-not-found [2] which you could remove with `sudo dnf remove PackageKit-command-not-found`. > I will post the profile files in another thread latter if its helpful. It maybe be helpful. Thank you! Footnotes: [1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/fulltext/?fulltext=guix [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PackageKitCommandNotFound Oleg.