Pjotr Prins writes: > So I updated guix pull multiple times :) and both daemon and client > are at > > guix (GNU Guix) ecba50bb79a49b317c4b1e718f4732b36438227f > > Now I am creating an environment to build the source tree with > > env -i /bin/bash --login --noprofile --norc > guix environment guix --ad-hoc help2man git strace \ > pkg-config less vim binutils coreutils grep guile guile-git guile-json gcc po4a guile-sqlite3 Weird. Did you try just "guix environment guix"? That usually works for me, and it should pull in all the dependencies required to build Guix from a Git checkout. It's strange, though, that guile-sqlite3 is supposedly missing, since you did include it in the --ad-hoc list. In that environment, when you start a Guile REPL, can you successfully load the module with (use-modules (sqlite3))? > Then I run the full monty after a git pull guix master: > > gcc --version > guile --version > rm -rf autom4te.cache/ # to be sure > make clean > ./bootstrap > ./configure --localstatedir=/var > make clean # to be really sure > make clean-go # to be even surer > time make I'm not sure this will actually clean everything. To actually clean everything, "git clone" a new repository as a test. Or, try this (warning: this will remove ALL untracked files and undo ALL changes): make distclean git clean -dfx git reset --hard The only other thing I can think to clean is your Guile ccache (although I don't think it's likely the cause of the problem), which I believe you can safely do with the following command: rm -rf ~/.cache/guile/ccache Hope that helps! -- Chris