On 2019-05-31, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote: > Vagrant, > > guix-commits@gnu.org wrote: >> gnu: diffoscope: Update to version 115-1.7f3416f. > > I wondered why this was updated to a git revision instead of the > 115 release tag, and found: Realized I should have included a comment explaining why that commit was used right after I pushed... > Commit 7f3416ff > Committed by Vagrant Cascadian 6 days ago > > Add support for known external tools on GNU Guix.[1] > > Nice. Thank you! Especially since guix's diffoscope doesn't install *all* of the tools needed, that seemed like an important feature to get working, as it allows you to: diffoscope --list-missing-tools guix And it will suggest packages you might want to install. Though I did wonder if there shouldn't be a diffoscope-with-the-kitchen-sink variant that does pull in everything available. Happy diffoscoping! live well, vagrant