Guix, The 'core-updates' branch is ready for testing! This is a very early stage, so many substitutes are missing. Consider yourself warned ;-) I have compiled a summary of the changes below. The package updates are too numerous to list here; try `git shortlog -n master..core-updates` for the scoop. We are still waiting for armhf to catch up on the CI, as well as before starting the full rebuild. I will send another email when that happens, along with a status update. * Build system changes ** 'python-build-system' runs tests after installing the package, instead of in between the 'build' and 'install' phases, to improve reproducibility. ** 'python-build-system' does not wrap already-wrapped executables. ** 'python-build-system' has a (python-version ...) procedure that returns the major+minor version of a given python package. ** 'meson-build-system' produces optimized binaries with debugging symbols by default, similar to 'cmake-build-system'. ** 'meson-build-system' no longer attempts to run Autotools bootstrap scripts. ** 'gnu-build-system' (and those inheriting from it) has deterministic behavior in some corner cases (