Andreas Enge writes: > So it would be nice if someone could set up a more complete job for > core-updates on cuirass or QA, and maybe write up a how-to to see which > packages work and which ones need more love, preferably by architecture. > (Without offense, I honestly do not see what > https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/core-updates > tells me. There is one evaluation with 290 succeeding and 300 failing > builds, and another one with 7 succeeding and 4 failing builds. Or are > these only the newly succeeding or failing builds? There is the dashboard > which gives visual clues, but can it be used to extract a list of > "originally failing" packages, in the sense that the compilation fails > itself instead of just a dependency - otherwise said, the failures highest > up in the package graph, which need to be worked on? On QA I think so far > there is nothing for core-updates, and the bordeaux build farm probably > could not keep up while also working on issues from the tracker. Generally > speaking, I think we need more tooling and documentation of the tooling if > feature branches are to become a thing.) I configured QA to submit builds for core-updates a little while back, currently it requires a code change [1]. 1: https://git.cbaines.net/guix/qa-frontpage/commit/?id=39e9ec627faca95a7b43ff91e195ca9ab9846bf3 The builds are currently low priority compared to the patch testing ones though, and there are more of these since raising the limit [2]. 2: https://git.cbaines.net/guix/qa-frontpage/commit/?id=cd5687118de9858ac714d55800c2648969dbbb48 You can see the substitute availability for core-updates here [3]. 3: https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/repository/2/branch/core-updates/latest-processed-revision/package-substitute-availability It's possible to alter the priority for builds, so we could try and get some to happen for core-updates. I'm going to try and put some more time in to getting the qa-frontpage to display some useful information about branches. Thanks, Chris