ng0 writes: > I want to slowly package OONI (https://ooni.torproject.org/). > One of its dependencies, txtorcon, requires python-geoip which > depends on geoip-c-api. I've got both covered, but both of them > want (either to download or to be present) for tests (a/the) > legacy database file of maxmind. > > Question 1: Can we distribute the database in a source? I can't > access the homepage of maxmind for cloudflare reasons. The database is distributed freely under cc-by-sa4.0: https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite/#License So packaging it should be fine. :)