Hi all, I'm not an expert on "hot to write a reference manual" but I like how the content is organized in Guix manual and I'd like that all Guix documentation will remain a coherent set Ricardo Wurmus writes: > nly writes: > >> continuing with the emacs example, a guixwiki.org would be awesome as >> an analog for emacswiki.org. User maintained, quick and short examples >> with lots of supporting links. > > Hmm, I have the opposite opinion. I find the emacswiki to be a great > example for what’s wrong with wikis :) i agree with Ricardo verbatim with all due respect to people involved, I find emacswiki one of the worst source of information and documentation on Emacs: all is scattered across many pages and hardly I (an emacs newbie) found valuable information - most outdated - there speaking of content organization, we should take inspiration from https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/index.html [1] obviously there is always space for *presentation* enhancements (CSS and alike) but that's another story [...] > I would welcome patches that add a new cookbook document. ...or a FAQ document should we start a documentation-wishlist.org in maintenance/doc? (I'm still not sufficiently skilled to help with content, but can help keep such todo-lists) [...] happy hacking! Giovanni [1] AFAIK each documented mode or package is part of the official Emacs distribution while external packages are not documented -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures