* Blog post on Further reduced bootstrap seed to 25%
@ 2020-06-15 12:54 Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2020-06-15 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

I’ve published a post about the second big reduction of the Guix
bootstrap binaries

    https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/guix-further-reduces-bootstrap-seed-to-25/

Thanks to the recent merge of ‘core-updates’ some weeks days ago, the
set of bootstrap binaries now weighs in at approximately 60 MiB; about
25% of what it used to be.

Thanks to Timothy Samplet, Danny Milosavljevic and Ludovic Courtès for
their feedback and help on an earlier version of this post!

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

* Re: Blog post on Further reduced bootstrap seed to 25%
@ 2020-06-15 21:15 ` Danny Milosavljevic
From: Danny Milosavljevic @ 2020-06-15 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Janneke,

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 14:54:39 +0200
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> wrote:

> I’ve published a post about the second big reduction of the Guix
> bootstrap binaries
>
>     https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/guix-further-reduces-bootstrap-seed-to-25/

"again decided to sponsor this work" link is broken

Otherwise good :)

* Re: Blog post on Further reduced bootstrap seed to 25%
@ 2020-06-16  1:51 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2020-06-16  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Jan,

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I’ve published a post about the second big reduction of the Guix
> bootstrap binaries
>
>     https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/guix-further-reduces-bootstrap-seed-to-25/
>
> Thanks to the recent merge of ‘core-updates’ some weeks days ago, the
> set of bootstrap binaries now weighs in at approximately 60 MiB; about
> 25% of what it used to be.
>
> Thanks to Timothy Samplet, Danny Milosavljevic and Ludovic Courtès for
> their feedback and help on an earlier version of this post!
>
> Greetings,
> Janneke

Thank you for this very well written blog post!  It's a fantastic
achievement that benefits us all Guix users.

Congratulations!

Maxim

* Re: Blog post on Further reduced bootstrap seed to 25%
@ 2020-06-16  6:48   ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2020-06-16  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Milosavljevic; +Cc: guix-devel

Danny Milosavljevic writes:

Hi Danny,

> On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 14:54:39 +0200
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> I’ve published a post about the second big reduction of the Guix
>> bootstrap binaries
>>
>>     https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/guix-further-reduces-bootstrap-seed-to-25/
>
> "again decided to sponsor this work" link is broken
>
> Otherwise good :)

Thanks, fix pushed!

Janneke