zimoun writes: >> BTW, when looking at /output-history, the commits in “From” and “To” can >> be a bit confusing. Take: >> >> https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/openmpi/output-history >> >> I see “To” pointing to >> , >> a commit that changes ‘mpd’, which ‘openmpi’ doesn’t depend on; this is >> completely bogus. However, the next “From” points to the right commit: >> . >> >> It’s surprising that “To” and the immediately following “From” are not >> the same. > > I recently have a very similar issue [1]. And based on my > investigations [2], the issue seems "commit date vs author date"; > especially when merges are floating around. Because of that, from > "From" to "To" is not always accurate. Chris, could you confirm? > > 1: > 2: The Guix Data Service stores the date in the email from the Git hook that runs when one pushes to Savannah. That's the date you see for a revision, and it should be pretty close to when it actually showed up in the Git repository. It's not perfectly accurate, but it should be better than either the commit date or author date from the Git metadata.