Alexander, Alexander Asteroth 写道: > The question now is, what is the correct guix-way to implement > this: Not as complicated as you fear! udev rules aren't special. Just install them to the package's own /lib/udev/rules.d directory. If the build system tries to write to another package's output, see if it provides any options to change that, or patch it in the worst case. > As I understand, the udev-rules are usually created on system > level. That would mean I need to split the package into a > service part > and a package part? And remove the installation of the udev-file > from > the package install process? Guix System provides a ready-made udev-rules-service to gather up all desired udev rules and pass them to the running udev. I think this is how it works: (operating-system […] (services (cons* […] (udev-rules-service 'projecteur projecteur) %base-services))) ‘Think’ because I do it differently in my own configurations. > Or is there another way for a package to provide the udev rules > from a > user-level install? If this means ‘can I use Guix's udev rules on a foreign distribution’: I'm not sure, but not out of the box. Kind regards, T G-R