On 2022-09-05, zimoun wrote: > On mer., 24 août 2022 at 14:06, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: > >> Maybe something like: >> >> (define-public thispackages >> (package >> (name "thispackages" >> ... >> (lint-overides >> (list >> ;; The upstream name is actually "This Packages", not a typo. >> "typo in description: 'This Packages' should be 'This Package'")) >> >> And then guix lint would hide or ignore things that would otherwise emit >> the strings listed in lint-overrides ... or something like that. Maybe >> exact match, maybe get into a little pattern matching, not >> sure. Implementation is not my strong point here. :) > > Well, it is possible to turn off one specific checker for one package; > using the ’properties’ field. However, this “overides” requires more > work. :-) Though a single checker may check multiple things, and only get some of them "wrong"; seems it would be worth having granularity for individual checks. > Basically, the wish is for description and synopsis and mainly for typo, > right? No, it seems odd to me to restrict this to particular categories of checks. I would say any specific lint check might have cases where it is not practical to fix the lint check, yet is not appropriate for a particular package. live well, vagrant