paul writes: [...] > If we'd really need to identify contributors, and obviously Guix > doesn't, we could use an UUID/machine readable identifier which can then > be mapped to a displayed name. I believe git can already be configured > to do so. every contributor wishing to do so can already choose to use the preferred uuid/email metadata they wish and ask some person with commit access to add a uuid/display-name mapping via git .mailmap unfortunately this does not resolve the problem with rewriting history with git, because Guix artifacts also contains source code that usually contains information about the author, including names that potentially could become "deadnames" in the future happy hacking! -- bae66428a8ad58eafaa98cb0ab2e512f045974ecf4bf947e32096fae574d99c6