unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GNOME updates
@ 2016-04-08 11:48 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2016-04-08 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi!  With the help of ‘guix refresh -t gnome’ I update many GNOME
packages to latest (the 3.20 release) in the ‘gnome-updates’ branch.

Also:
  glib: Disable tests in build phases instead of patches.
  gtk+: Enable SVG support. (by using gdk-pixbuf+svg)
  gtk+-2: Look in system data dirs for themes. (by Jookia)

I have build some packages locally (nautilus, gnome-terminal) but not
all,  I request to start a job for it on hydra.

Please review, thanks in advance!

* Re: GNOME updates
@ 2016-04-09 15:00 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-04-09 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel

iyzsong@member.fsf.org (宋文武) skribis:

> Hi!  With the help of ‘guix refresh -t gnome’ I update many GNOME
> packages to latest (the 3.20 release) in the ‘gnome-updates’ branch.
>
> Also:
>   glib: Disable tests in build phases instead of patches.
>   gtk+: Enable SVG support. (by using gdk-pixbuf+svg)
>   gtk+-2: Look in system data dirs for themes. (by Jookia)
>
> I have build some packages locally (nautilus, gnome-terminal) but not
> all,  I request to start a job for it on hydra.

I think the non-trivial changes have already been discussed and LGTM.

I’ve started a jobset: <https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/gnome-updates>.
Please keep an eye on it (M-x guix-hydra-jobsets FTW! :-)) and check for
build failures.  You can merge it as soon as it’s built, if nobody
objects.

Thank you!

Ludo’.

* hydra jobset timeout (Was: GNOME updates)
@ 2016-04-12  8:28   ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2016-04-12  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> iyzsong@member.fsf.org (宋文武) skribis:
>
>> Hi!  With the help of ‘guix refresh -t gnome’ I update many GNOME
>> packages to latest (the 3.20 release) in the ‘gnome-updates’ branch.
>>
>> Also:
>>   glib: Disable tests in build phases instead of patches.
>>   gtk+: Enable SVG support. (by using gdk-pixbuf+svg)
>>   gtk+-2: Look in system data dirs for themes. (by Jookia)
>>
>> I have build some packages locally (nautilus, gnome-terminal) but not
>> all,  I request to start a job for it on hydra.
>
> I think the non-trivial changes have already been discussed and LGTM.
>
> I’ve started a jobset: <https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/gnome-updates>.
> Please keep an eye on it (M-x guix-hydra-jobsets FTW! :-)) and check for
> build failures.  You can merge it as soon as it’s built, if nobody
> objects.

Thanks!  but the jobset get:
hydra-eval-guile-jobs returned signal -1:
timeout

* Re: hydra jobset timeout
@ 2016-04-13 20:52     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-04-13 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel

iyzsong@member.fsf.org (宋文武) skribis:

> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> iyzsong@member.fsf.org (宋文武) skribis:
>>
>>> Hi!  With the help of ‘guix refresh -t gnome’ I update many GNOME
>>> packages to latest (the 3.20 release) in the ‘gnome-updates’ branch.
>>>
>>> Also:
>>>   glib: Disable tests in build phases instead of patches.
>>>   gtk+: Enable SVG support. (by using gdk-pixbuf+svg)
>>>   gtk+-2: Look in system data dirs for themes. (by Jookia)
>>>
>>> I have build some packages locally (nautilus, gnome-terminal) but not
>>> all,  I request to start a job for it on hydra.
>>
>> I think the non-trivial changes have already been discussed and LGTM.
>>
>> I’ve started a jobset: <https://hydra.gnu.org/jobset/gnu/gnome-updates>.
>> Please keep an eye on it (M-x guix-hydra-jobsets FTW! :-)) and check for
>> build failures.  You can merge it as soon as it’s built, if nobody
>> objects.
>
> Thanks!  but the jobset get:
> hydra-eval-guile-jobs returned signal -1:
> timeout

Indeed, this is a bit embarrassing, but the graft code was causing
things to be built during the evaluation, which is why it took so long
(Mark had noticed it a while back, in fact.)  Commit
9c3bb4c54d67899394af81c819fe60f391e35edf fixes it.

Also, “make hydra-jobs.scm” now reproduces the evaluation step that
happens on Hydra and catches problems like this one (note to Mathieu:
take a look at this, will be helpful for your project ;-)).  It runs in
~8 minutes on my laptop.

Next time something goes wrong on Hydra, this will facilitate debugging.
It will also help profile things.

Ludo’.

* Re: hydra jobset timeout
@ 2016-04-13 21:08       ` Mathieu Lirzin
From: Mathieu Lirzin @ 2016-04-13 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Also, “make hydra-jobs.scm” now reproduces the evaluation step that
> happens on Hydra and catches problems like this one (note to Mathieu:
> take a look at this, will be helpful for your project ;-)).

I have already take a look, however I will need to look at it again to
actually understand it.  :)

--
Mathieu Lirzin