Vincent Legoll writes: >>>> I see 2 solutions >>> >>> The other solution could be to patch the setup.py script, if you >>> want to do that I'll tell you what to change >> >> I want to try patching the setup.py script, that way I could see how >> pygame tries to detect the libraries that it says are missing. > > Could you try the attached untested patch, that will avoid user interaction. I actually got pygame to build successfully without the patch by integrating Roel's recipe! Attached is an updated patch for libsmpeg. It's corrected for use with the following pygame patch.