The point of pre-compiling for SBCL, ECL, etc. is that is saves time to the user. If you want the source-only Common Lisp library which would work across all implementations (as long as they are supported), you can install the "cl-" prefixed package. Then the Common Lisp compiler invoked by the user will compile the sources into some FASL somewhere in ~/.cache/common-lisp/... or similar. Doesn't it suit your needs? > I'm not certain by what you mean. I did ask around earlier and learned it's > not uncommon for Guix to place files in the user's home directory when needed. I think there was a misunderstanding, Guix cannot modify anything in the user's home but the Guix profile. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/