Hi Ivan, Ivan Petkov writes: > Hi Guix, > > The latest stable rust (version 1.35.0) appears to require git as a > native-input since the tidy test (which checks for code formatting in the rust > repo) fails because it cannot run `git ls-files`. > > I saw a comment in the rust package definition that git changes too frequently > to be kept as an input[1]. Is anyone aware if this is still a problem? > I'd rather avoid having to patch the test suite tools to ignore this test > if it is as simple as adding "git" as a native input. I would prefer to keep Git out of the Rust bootstrap still. The reason is that I don't want to rebuild the whole toolchain for every Git update. Obviously there are other ways to deal with that, so it's not a very hard opinion. It seems odd to me that the release tarballs would run 'git ls-files' anyway. Do they actually contain a git repository? Would it work to simply replace the invokation with 'find'?