Josh, Josh Marshall 写道: > One thing which I think could significantly aid adoption would > be up > either add an option or add a new installer script with guix > configured to install and run purely out of the user's home > directory > without any special permissions. An old but classic place to start is [0] which explains some of the problems & trade-offs, and illustrates an approach that may or may not still work today. My subjective impression was that this used to be more of a big deal (i.e. a few years ago) than it is now. I don't know if it's less of a problem these days, or people gave up on asking, or perhaps I'm not in the right channels to hear the clamouring. Part of me thanks you for bringing this up again. I'm interested to see where it goes. Another part of me fears that ‘rootless Guix’ is just the perfect excuse for misguided admins to give their users a pale and flavourless Guix experience. It would rather taint the brand. Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://github.com/pjotrp/guix-notes/blob/master/GUIX-NO-ROOT.org