unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Re: 03/06: style: Add support for "newline forms".
       [not found] ` <20220110140158.960BFC0DA1D@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2022-01-11 16:33   ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2022-01-11 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ludo'!

Sigh.  Sorry.  I know what this will sound like.  :-)

guix-commits@gnu.org 写道:
> +   ('base32 '(sha256 origin))

I know this is your style, but I would *really* prefer this to be:

> +   ('source '(package))

instead.

I know!  But wait!  I think that's defensible: for the same reason
that we add a newline after arguments, these few extra columns
give an (IMO) surprising amount of breathing room down the road.

Well, anyway, I'll shut up,

T G-R

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: 03/06: style: Add support for "newline forms".
@ 2022-01-18 14:56     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-01-18 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi!

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> skribis:

> guix-commits@gnu.org 写道:
>> +   ('base32 '(sha256 origin))
>
> I know this is your style, but I would *really* prefer this to be:
>
>> +   ('source '(package))
>
> instead.
>
> I know!  But wait!  I think that's defensible: for the same reason
> that we add a newline after arguments, these few extra columns
> give an (IMO) surprising amount of breathing room down the road.

No strong opinion here, you may well be representing the majority, and
I’m fine with the change you propose.  :-)

There’s a couple of tests that will need to be adjusted but it should be
alright.

(Maybe a few months from now we’ll have additional switches, like
‘-x civodul’, ‘-x nckx’, who knows?  :-))

Ludo’.