On 2022-11-03, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Vagrant Cascadian skribis: >>>> test-name: channel-news, no news >>>> ... >>>> actual-error: >>>> + (git-error >>>> + #< code: -1 message: "invalid version 0 on git_proxy_options" class: 3>) >>>> result: FAIL >>> >>> This looks like an ABI issue with libgit2. Are you sure the same >>> version of libgit2 is used on all these platforms? Well, rebuilding guix with a freshly built guile-git (against the newer libgit2) seemed to resolve the issue on at least one build, so will update in Debian and see if that helps in general... >> My quick and rough archeaology shows that libgit2-dev >> 1.1.0+dfsg.1-4.1+b1 was used to build guile-git 0.5.2-4, but the current >> libgit2-dev package in Debian is 1.5.0+ds-6 ... so that seems plausible. > > [...] > >> Maybe there is a better way I can track the various guile-* packages in >> Debian, but manually tracking all the relevent dependents seems >> implausible (or at least, a lot of work)... which may lead to the >> conclusion that maintaining Guix in Debian implausible. :/ > > I don’t see how that’s specific to guile-* packages though. Anytime a > dependency is upgraded that introduces a different ABI, you need to > rebuild dependents, right? That’s what’s happening here. Well, sure. I just have not personally maintained many packages that need to worry about those kinds of headaches too much... Debian still requires manual intervention to handle it in some form and lacks the elegance of guix in this regard. :) >> Seems like the most likely ones I would have to keep a close eye on are >> guile-gcrypt, guile-git, guile-gnutls (although currently part of gnutls >> this will likely change soonish), guile-lzlib, guile-ssh, guile-sqlite3, >> guile-zlib, guile-zstd. And there's also keeping an eye on guile itself, >> which adds another set of packages. Wheee. Hrm. > > Heh. Speaking of which, guile-gnutls is now a thing of its own, > separate from GnuTLS: > > https://gitlab.com/gnutls/guile/ > > I believe Andreas Metzler already update Debian’s guile-gnutls package > accordingly. Oh wow, it is already in debian experimental. :) Will have to try building guix with it, now... and mentally prepare for the possibility of more test-suite failure wrangling. live well, vagrant