The first patch closes at least one of the "dangling .so references" bugs I reported recently; it should close all those where the dangling references are to libtalloc, libtevent, libtdb, libwbclient, and libcrypt. Possibly more, because those libs are just the ones that bit me while building mplayer2, whereas the lib/ directory of samba had many more .so files with dangling references (which apparently "infect" any executables which in turn link to those .so files, if I'm not mistaken). I could "manually" try to find out which of the bug reports are closed by this, but I guess the smartest approach is to push the patch, wait for the build farm to rebuild all samba-depending packages, do a "guix package -u", "guix package -d " and "guix gc" to prune the old versions from the store, then reuse my method to find all the dangling .so references in my store and see which ones disappeared.