I realized Guix already provided "libao", as "ao" variable. However, I don't know why it isn't "public". I also packaged "mpfi". Since all dependencies of "giac-xcas" are now available, I can update the package definition. I'm not sure about input "texlive-minimal". Debian package doesn't have it. However, configure script checks for latex, makeindex, pdflatex and dvips, probably so as to build documentation. OTOH, I don't think default make dance builds documentation: it probably copies it directly from the tarball, so it may be useless to provide the input. As a last point, xcas itself provides a feature to print formulas as LaTeX. So, all in all, texlive-minimal may be a propagated-input, AFAIU. WDYT? In any case, here are the patches. Thank you for reading so far. Regards,