Ludovic Courtès (2016-05-16 15:45 +0300) wrote: > Alex Kost skribis: > >> To recap: we use "gnu/packages/patches/emacs-source-date-epoch.patch" to >> modify 'autoload-insert-section-header' function, and it should work, >> but it doesn't. IIUC this happens because "autoload.elc" file was >> compiled using the unpatched "autoload.el", but first things first. Try >> the following recipe in Emacs (installed with Guix): [...] > Ideally, we > should remove all the .elc files and rebuild them, but maybe there are > bootstrapping issues. The attached patch does this. Happily there were no any issues. Now emacs packages will honor SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH. Even autoloads that comes with emacs itself (loaddefs.el, cl-loaddefs.el, etc.) will have a proper timestamp.