Hi Leo, Leo Famulari writes: > On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 09:57:53AM -0500, Lukas Gradl wrote: >> Leo Famulari writes: >> > I noticed in the README.md that upstream suggests use of GNU Make unless >> > building from a Git checkout. Did you try that? >> >> I have not tried that. Their README.md left me under the impression >> that tests are not supported useing GNU Make, but I just looked at their >> Makefile and there are test targets, so I can try using the >> gnu-build-system, if that is preferred? > > All else being equal, my personal preference is to use GNU tools. But > otherwise, we should use the build system that upstream supports most > fully. Especially, we should use the one that runs the tests. Sounds good. I switched to the gnu-build-system + autotools. This also made the "install" phase somewhat easier. >> It seems they generate c++ header files using pump.py. I will look into >> that more. Python is also needed for tests. > > Thanks for looking into that. If the header files are generated by other > code, then we prefer to build them ourselves rather than use the > "pre-compiled" headers. The tool "pump.py" is distributed with the Googletest source. It appears to be a part of the source rather than a bundeled dependency and the only reference to it that I found was in Googletest, so I would assume it is a part of Googletest. Therefore I did not create a seperate package for that, but used the one provided in the Googletest source tree. With that, the pre-generated headers can be reproduced. The attached patch does that. Thank you!