Pierre Neidhardt writes: > I run GuixSD on a rather small partition (<25GB) and quite often the > partition gets full during a transation and I end up having to clean up > the store (e.g. "guix gc -F5G"). > > The problem is that more often than not, "guix gc" will remove store > items that are almost always needed for the next transaction, which > results in a huge re-update of those newly missing packages. What a > waste of time... > > It would be nice if "guix gc" would be a bit smarter and remove items > that are less likely to be needed for the next transaction. You might be interested in the following guix-daemon options: --gc-keep-derivations[=yes/no] tell whether the GC must keep derivations corresponding to live outputs --gc-keep-outputs[=yes/no] tell whether the GC must keep outputs of live derivations Perhaps by setting them to "yes", you can avoid collecting store items that you'd rather keep around. I think these default to "no". -- Chris