zimoun writes: >> For Emacs users, it's what helm-system-packages does. It implements its >> own names+synopses cache. helm-system-packages takes some seconds on >> first start to build the cache; after that you get instant live search! :) > > You are doing ads for your package ;-) Helm, what else... :p > And what do mean by this comment [2] > > ;; We build both caches at the same time. We could also build just-in-time, but > ;; benchmarks show that it only saves less than 20% when building one cache. Here "caches" refer to the internal in-memory caches of helm-system-packages, this has nothing to do with the "guix search..." cache. Poor phrasing, admittedly. :/ > Last, the "slowness" comes from `guix package --search` doing there > [3], I guess. Yes, helm-system-packages relies on "guix search". -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/