Konrad Hinsen writes: > Hi Ludo and Chris, > >> Could it be that those old systems were talking to hydra.gnu.org and >> thus not getting any substitutes? >> >> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-guix/2019-06/msg00001.html > > That's what happened to me on my oldest Guix installation (hosted on > Ubuntu). I had done regular pulls on my user account, but not on the > root account, meaning that I was running an ancient daemon that tried to > connect to hydra. Yes, it's possible this was the cause. Thank you to everyone who replied! In the end, I was able to run "guix pull". -- Chris